Not the slightest accident: this obviously is the ultimate objective of CMI Group Safety policy, which is part of CMI Group's sustainable development approach.
Safety thus remains priority n°1 for the CMI Group which is constantly renewing its prevention and awareness raising initiatives. This effort pays off in terms of safety performance: the frequency level has been divided by six in four years and the severity level by three over the same period. As nothing can ever be taken for granted when it comes to safety, the aim for 2015 is to maintain the frequency and severity levels under the 3.00 and 0.10 mark respectively.
|Level of Frequency (LF)||12,28||10,7||5,19||4,38||2,25|
|Level of Severity (LS)||0,36||0,43||0,10||0,14||0,10|
- Level of Frequency (LF): Frequency level of accidents causing stoppage. Accidents X 1 000 000 / hours worked
- Level of Severity (LS): Severity level of accidents causing stoppage. Days lost X 1 000 / hours worked
To achieve this, many prevention measures have been undertaken:
- make new colleagues aware of this issue
- exchanges and sharing of experiences through suitable activities and communications within teams
- daily safety talks on worksites and workshops
- specific training courses
- meetings with subcontractors and customers
- poster campaigns
- prevention articles in internal media
No opportunity is missed to make everyone aware of prevention and physical integrity at work. Each prevention measure reinforces the safety culture at all levels!